Friday, January 30, 2015

Brand Tights Review : Angelic Pretty

When I started wearing lolita, it started a love affair in finding and collecting fashionable tights. Please feel free to tag or share this with other people and please by all means comment questions about any of the brands I review. I am happy to help as best I can. 

My review is a 1 to 5 scale, 5 being the best, in regards to: 
Construction
Quality
Elasticity
How well the print holds up stretched
Print placement, Crispness, Alignment

I will also list :
Tights inseam to toe
Cost
Denier
Tall or Petite friendly

For reference in regards to size, I am 5'9"  / 175 cm and my inseam all the way to bottom of heel is 31.5" /  81 cm, hips 40" / 102 cm. The thickest part of my thigh is 23" / 60 cm and calf at  14.76 " / 37.5cm. In the visualization of the tights stretched I used a glass growler which is approx  15.5" / 39cm around.

For my original review my reference for petite was 5'0" but  one of my smaller petite friends was so kind to relay some additional info regarding her experience with the lengths of some of the tights as well. She is 4'10" leg inseam 25 "/66cm and shoes size 3.5 / 21cm.





The tights in question I'm reviewing are Angelic Pretty's Cream Cookie tights in mint. I would assume they came in a clear plastic cellophane sleeve with cardboard with detailing information regarding the tights or brand; but I actually acquired these from a friend of mine who purchased them as a set with the dress so when she gave them to me they were in neatly wrapped Wheatsville packaging. 






  • Construction: 5  They were dyed evenly with no smell or residue.
  • Quality: 5 Being made of polyester they have a smooth soft feel to them and felt like a good thick denier.
  • Elasticity3.5 They were so very short on me, oh my goodness. They were not tight around my calves but they did not go as high around my waistline as many other brand tights I own and liked to rest at where your bikini line would be.. With a bit of slow stretching from the ankle up I eased the tights to a higher resting point but I don't think they would stay there long enough for a duration of a meet. They did however shrink down to size with no distortion afterwards.
  • How print holds up stretched: 4 The print does lighten up quite a bit and was nowhere near as vividly int as when I was not wearing them but that could have have been due to the fact I am too tall for these ..
  • Print placement, Crispness, Alignment: 4.8 The print is very crisp, and I love the cream/color pinstripe as well as cookie placement. Upon seeing these worn I kind of wish they would have made the background to the logo where they put the text not brown and perhaps a different color.. it sort of makes the tights look like they have this weird blotch smack dab in the middle of your legs. But since all of their tights are different I can't really knock the whole lot of them just because of my misgivings on this particular pair. 
  • Inseam to toe: 26" / 66cm
  • Denier:  80
  • Cost: 4320 Yen
  • Tall or Petite Friendly: I do not think they would accommodate anyone my height very well if they don't want the print distorted or to potentially rip. For someone smaller than me they would accommodate pretty well though they might be a bit big for someone shorter than 5ft.


  • The top of the tights


    The print up close unstretched


    The side seam of the tights


    Stretched for reference


    I actually purchased these in another colorway hoping when I got these they would be super awesome tall people worthy, but I fear they are not. I do not think I would purchase another just due to the fact that the popularity of AP makes getting specific tights from series fairly hard. And as picky as I am about tights; it's just not worth it to me to fight to get a pair that may not potentially fit or worse, have to get them at a scalped price from y! auctions or Lacemarket. I wasn't really impressed with these in particular but if anyone else would like to help on this matter, I'd love to add your personal experiences with this brand's tights to help other people.

    This concludes another entry in my ongoing reviews of brand tights. I hope this has been helpful and we'll see you again soon with my next installment of lolita and other lolliable tights! Thank you for reading.

    3 comments:

    1. I find your brand tights reviews quite useful. Thanks for posting!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you SO much for your post! I am 5'8" and was thinking of splurging on some Angelic Pretty tights but now I know I'm probably too tall for them!

      ReplyDelete